- There are no public meetings scheduled at present
Scheduled times are subject to change
About This Meeting
March 20, 2019 14:00
Culture, Tourism and External Affairs
Jamie Greene S5O-03010
1. To ask Scottish Government what discussions the culture secretary has had with local authorities regarding their capacity to deal with tourist numbers over the summer.
John Mason S5O-03011
2. To ask the Scottish Government what support it can give toward the annual running costs of the Scottish Jewish Heritage Centre in Glasgow.
Miles Briggs S5O-03012
3. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the potential impact of a tourist tax on the tourism sector in Edinburgh and Lothian.
Mike Rumbles S5O-03013
4. To ask the Scottish Government when it will next meet Screen Scotland.
Richard Lyle S5O-03014
5. To ask the Scottish Government how it is accommodating ethnic groups that have applied to be included in the census for the first time in 2021.
James Kelly S5O-03015
6. To ask the Scottish Government what the priorities are for its external affairs budget spend in 2019-20.
Alex Rowley S5O-03016
7. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on what support it is providing in response to the humanitarian crisis in Yemen.
Colin Beattie S5O-03017
8. To ask the Scottish Government how staffing levels in the tourism industry are being impacted by Brexit.
Education and Skills
Fulton MacGregor S5O-03018
1. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the recent survey by Give Them Time, which found that only 19% of parents knew of the right to defer entry into primary school for children born between September and December.
Mary Fee S5O-03019
2. To ask the Scottish Government how it plans to support school pupils on part-time timetables.
Margaret Mitchell S5O-03020
3. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to prevent assaults on teachers and classroom assistants.
Stuart McMillan S5O-03021
4. To ask the Scottish Government, in light of 2019 being the bi-centenary of the death of James Watt, what it is doing to promote STEM subjects to pupils.
Alasdair Allan S5O-03022
5. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to address the reported decline in the proportion of young people in the Western Isles who speak Gaelic. The Member has supplied the following translation: A dh’fhaighneachd de Riaghaltas na h-Alba na tha e a’ dèanamh gus cruth-atharrachadh a thoirt air a chrìonadh a chaidh aithris anns a’ chuid den òigridh aig a bheil a’ Ghàidhlig anns na h-Eileanan an Iar.
Anas Sarwar S5O-03023
6. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the ongoing dispute between lecturers and management at the City of Glasgow College.
Tom Mason S5O-03024
7. To ask the Scottish Government how relevant it considers the number of subjects a pupil can study in school is to their future career prospects.
John Scott S5O-03025
8. To ask the Scottish Government, in light of the education secretary's previous comments that the Education Bill could still be introduced if "sufficient progress" is not made, whether it has ruled out doing so in 2019.