1. Decisions on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take items 5 and 6 in private.
2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will take evidence on the Provision of Early Learning and Childcare (Specified Children) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2019 (SSI 2019/draft) from—
Maree Todd MSP, Minister for Children and Young People, Dr Alison Cumming, Deputy Director for Early Learning and Childcare, and Claire Cullen, Solicitor, School Education Branch, Legal Directorate, Scottish Government.
3. Subordinate legislation: Maree Todd MSP, Minister for Children and Young People to move—
S5M-18219—That the Education and Skills Committee recommends that the Provision of Early Learning and Childcare (Specified Children) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2019 (SSI 2019/draft) be approved.
4. Brexit and Higher Education: The Committee will take evidence from-
Liam McCabe, President, NUS Scotland;
Mary Senior, Scotland Official, UCU Scotland;
Alastair Sim, Director, Universities Scotland.
5. Review of evidence: The Committee will consider the evidence it heard earlier under agenda item 4.
6. Work programme: The Committee will consider its work programme.
Proposed future business
The Committee is due to attend the Scottish Learning Festivsl on the 25th September. At its next meeting, on 2nd October the Committee expects to hear evidence from the General Teaching Council Scotland and from the Minister for Further Education, Higher Education and Science on STEM in early years education. For further information, contact Roz Thomson the Clerk to the Committee, whose contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 348 5222.
To share or download a clip: Set the start of the clip by seeking the video, then click Set start point. Repeat for the End point.