- There are no public meetings scheduled at present
September 29, 2020 10:00
1. Post-mortem Examinations (Defence Time Limit) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill at Stage 1 from—
Gil Paterson MSP;
Liz Anderson, Assistant Clerk, Non-Government Bills Unit, Claudia Bennett, Solicitor, and Andrew Mylne, Clerk Team Leader, Non-Government Bills Unit, Scottish Parliament.
2. Sentencing Bill (UK Parliament legislation): The Committee will consider the legislative consent memorandum lodged by Humza Yousaf (Cabinet Secretary for Justice) (LCM(S5)45).
3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instrument—
The Prisons and Young Offenders Institutions (Coronavirus) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 2) Rules 2020 (SSI 2020/264)
4. Defamation and Malicious Publication (Scotland) Bill (in private): The Committee will consider key issues for a draft Stage 1 report.