- There are no public meetings scheduled at present
August 25, 2020 10:30
1. Declaration of interests: Adam Tomkins will be invited to declare any relevant interests.
2. Choice of Convener: The Committee will choose a new Convener.
3. Defamation and Malicious Publications (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill at Stage 1 from—
Andrew Tickell, Trustee, Scottish PEN;
Nick McGowan-Lowe, Organiser, Scottish Office, National Union of Journalists;
and then from—
John McLellan, Director, Scottish Newspaper Society;
Shelley Jofre, Investigations Editor, and Luke McCullough, Senior Policy Adviser, BBC Scotland.
4. Defamation and Malicious Publications (Scotland) Bill (in private): The Committee will review the evidence heard earlier in the meeting.