- There are no public meetings scheduled at present
Scheduled times are subject to change
About This Meeting
February 06, 2018 09:46
1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take item 7 in private.
2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will take evidence on the Human Trafficking and Exploitation (Scotland) Act 2015 (Support for Victims) Regulations 2018 [draft] from—
Michael Matheson, Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Peter Hope-Jones, Human Trafficking Team Leader, and Louise Miller, Directorate for Legal Services, Scottish Government.
3. Subordinate legislation: Michael Matheson (Cabinet Secretary for Justice) to move—
S5M-10054—That the Justice Committee recommends that the Human Trafficking and Exploitation (Scotland) Act 2015 (Support for Victims) Regulations 2018 [draft] be approved.
4. Alternative dispute resolution: The Committee will take evidence, in round-table format, from—
John Sturrock QC, Chief Executive and Senior Mediator, Core Solutions Group;
Heloise Murdoch, Mediation Co-ordinator, Edinburgh Sheriff Court Mediation Service;
Angela Grahame QC, Vice-Dean, Faculty of Advocates;
R. Craig Connal QC, Partner, Pinsent Masons;
Andrew Mackenzie, Chief Executive, Scottish Arbitration Centre;
Colin Lancaster, Chief Executive, Scottish Legal Aid Board;
Robin Burley, Chair, Scottish Mediation.
5. Remand: The Committee will take evidence from—
Karyn McCluskey, Chief Executive, and Keith Gardner, Head of Improvement, Community Justice Scotland;
Thomas Jackson, Head of Community Justice, Glasgow City Council, representing the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities;
Tom Halpin, Chief Executive, Safeguarding Communities - Reducing Offending;
Kathryn Lindsay, Chief Social Work Officer, Member of Social Work Scotland.
6. Remand - witness expenses: The Committee will be invited to delegate to the Convener responsibility for arranging for the SPCB to pay, under Rule 12.4.3, any expenses of witnesses in the evidence session.
7. Work programme: The Committee will consider its work programme.