- There are no public meetings scheduled at present
November 03, 2020 10:00
1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take item 6 in private.
2. Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill at Stage 1 from—
Roddy Dunlop QC, Dean, Faculty of Advocates;
Michael P Clancy OBE, Director, Law Reform, The Law Society of Scotland;
Dr Andrew Tickell, Lecturer in Law, Glasgow Caledonian University;
and then from—
Assistant Chief Constable Gary Ritchie, ACC Partnership, Prevention and Community Wellbeing, Police Scotland;
Calum Steele, General Secretary, Scottish Police Federation;
Anthony McGeehan, Procurator Fiscal, Policy and Engagement, Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.
3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments—
The Electronic Monitoring (Approved Devices) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 (SSI 2020/308) The Electronic Monitoring (Relevant Disposals) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 (SSI 2020/309)
4. Justice Sub-Committee on Policing: The Committee will consider a report back from the Sub-Committee meeting held on 26 October 2020.
5. Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill (in private): The Committee will review the evidence heard earlier in the meeting.
6. Domestic Abuse (Protection) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider a call for evidence on the Bill at Stage 1.