- There are no public meetings scheduled at present
October 03, 2017 10:00
1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take item 5 in private.
2. Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Repeal) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill at Stage 1 from—
Anthony McGeehan, Policy and Engagement, Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service;
Assistant Chief Constable Bernard Higgins, Operational Support, Police Scotland;
and then from—
Jeanette Findlay, and Paul Quigley, Fans Against Criminalisation;
Simon Barrow, Chair, and Paul Goodwin, Chief Executive, Scottish Football Supporters Association;
Andrew Jenkin, Head of Supporters Direct Scotland.
3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments—
Scottish Tribunals (Eligibility for Appointment) Amendment Regulations 2017 (SSI 2017/274); Sexual Offences Act 2003 (Prescribed Police Stations) (Scotland) Regulations 2017 (SSI 2017/285); Title Conditions (Scotland) Act 2003 (Rural Housing Bodies) Amendment (No. 2) Order 2017 (SSI 2017/301).
4. Justice Sub-Committee on Policing: The Committee will consider a report back from the Sub-Committee meeting on 28 September 2017.
5. Work programme: The Committee will consider its work programme.