1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take items 5, 6 and 7 in private.
2. Impact of COVID-19 on agriculture, fisheries, aquaculture and food and drink sectors: The Committee will take evidence from-
James Withers, Chief Executive, Scotland Food and Drink;
Julie Hesketh-Laird, Chief Executive Officer, Scottish Salmon Producers’ Organisation;
David Oxley, Director of Business Growth, Highlands and Islands Enterprise;
Jimmy Buchan, Chief Executive Officer, Scottish Seafood Association;
Jonnie Hall, Director of Policy, National Farmers Union Scotland;
Elspeth Macdonald, Chief Executive Officer, Scottish Fishermen’s Federation;
Nick Halfhide, Interim Chief Executive, South of Scotland Enterprise.
3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments—
Seed and Plant Material (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 Plant Health (Official Controls and Miscellaneous Provisions) (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Scotland) Regulations 2020
4. European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018: The Committee will consider a proposal by the Scottish Government to consent to the UK Government legislating using the powers under the Act in relation to the following UK statutory instrument proposal—
The Plant Breeders’ Rights (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020
5. Work programme: The Committee will consider its approach to developing its work programme.
6. Pre-Budget/Financial scrutiny: The Committee will consider its approach to Pre-Budget/Financial Scrutiny.
7. Dogs (Protection of Livestock) (Amendment) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider its approach to the scrutiny of the Bill at Stage 1.
To share or download a clip: Set the start of the clip by seeking the video, then click Set start point. Repeat for the End point.